Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Health update

I went to see a neurologist last Thursday regarding my leg numbness. After listening to my story, hearing my symptoms and performing some simple tests he ordered an MRI of my thoracic (mid) back. I went for the MRI on Friday - an unpleasant experience not because I was stuck inside a tube (I'm not claustrophobic at all), but unpleasant because I had to sit with a catheter shoved up my left arm the entire time so they could inject contrast dye into it for the last 10 mintues of the scan. Why they couldn't just inject me at the end minus the catheter is beyond me.
I got a call from the doctor yesterday and now I have to go back for an MRI of my brain, yes my BRAIN. The MRI of my back showed abnormalities (probably lesions) on my spine and he needs to me have one of my brain to assist in his diagnosis.
Multiple Sclerosis
Everyone keeps telling me not to jump to conclusions and not to get upset yet but how can I not? I'm terrified! Even the nurse at the neurologist's office said that it's only a possibility at this time and not a diagnosis and that it may be something else. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers that it's something else. I go for my brain MRI this Friday morning.

No comments: