"Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and auld lang syne!"
For anyone reading this that doesn't know, "auld lang syne" means (roughly) "times gone by".
So I say good riddance to 2009! I'm not reflecting on the year because it sucked for me... sure, there were some good times in there but it will forever be the year of my diagnosis. The year my whole life changed, and not for the better.
So now I look towards 2010 and hope that this is a better year for me.
I hope to get my health under control. The exhaustion is taking its toll on me and I hope with supplements and a better diet that I can start feeling better.
I hope to lose some weight. I'm starting Weight Watchers again tomorrow and will be working out on my Wii Fit as much as I can to drop 10-15 pounds. I ordered my bridesmaid dress one size smaller than I am now... how's that for motivation?!?!?!?
I look forward to my brother-in-law's wedding in April and to gaining an awesome sister-in-law who I already consider as part of our family. I also look forward to our trip to Disney right after their wedding.
I look forward to going to more concerts and seeing the Dave Matthews Band multiple times.
I look forward to watching Josh continue to grow and learn and make us laugh every day.
Finally, I hope that Scott continues to do well in his job (and I in my job) and will be watching anxiously for an opportunity for him to open up in South Florida so we can (hopefully) make our final move and be settled for a long time.
So here's to a great year, and a great decade. I have high expectations... don't let me down!
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Baby Girl, I hope the very best for you and your family this year. An optomistic attitude is a good start. I share all your thoughts and hope to see you as much as possible throughout the year. Get that webcam installed, please.
Post a Comment