Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Health update


Just a quick update on what's going on with me... it's been almost 2 weeks since the problems with my left side started. I've had numbness in my left leg from the hip through the toes and hypersensitivity to touch on my left side from the chest to the hip. It has slowly started to get better but I am still not 100%. Both the regular doctor and a chiropractor couldn't figure out what was causing my symptoms so I went for an MRI today.

Above is a picture of the contraption I had to sit in, very still, for 45 minutes. All of the times I've seen MRIs done on TV the patient has been laying down so it was quite a shock to me to see this machine when I walked in the room. The only good part was that I got to watch TV so it helped to pass the time. Now I wait for the results to come back, the tech said 1-2 days. Tomorrow I go for another test, a nerve conduction study, to determine if my symptoms are caused by peripheral neuropathy. I know, a big confusing term. Once I get an answer on what is going on I will explain it in non-technical terms :)

1 comment:

The Roberts said...

totally thinking about you and wishing for good results and a speedy recovery:)