Monday, December 8, 2008

PSS Great Lakes Holiday Party







What a fabulous weekend we just had! On Friday we drove to Nana & Papa's with Josh & Kody in the back seat... surprisingly it wasn't too bad and they both behaved (for the most part) on the 2.5+ hour drive. On Saturday afternoon Scott & I left for our night out in Pittsburgh. After stopping for a little outlet shopping in Washington, PA we made it to the hotel - the decadent and gorgeous Omni William Penn in downtown Pitt. The hotel was really spectacular and our room was very spacious and comfy. We didn't have much time to get ready for the Holiday Party and after two outfit changes (on my part) we were ready to meet up with Chris and Susan and get the night started.

First was the cocktail reception where we got to meet a lot of Scott's fellow reps and branch personnel. After, we were escorted to another room for dinner and dancing. The buffet dinner was delicious, the DJ played good music (although no one really danced), and they gave away a bunch of gifts to all of the employees - it was a random drawing and Scott won some Harry & David treats, yummy!

Afterwards a bunch of us (me, Scott, Chris, Susan, Jen, Jerry, Shawn, Julie) decided to change into more comfortable (and warmer) clothes and go out to a bar. Since we had no idea where there was to go we let the "locals" choose and we went to Bar Louie at Station Center. The DJ there was playing awesome music and we all had a great time drinking, dancing and cutting up. Sadly the night had to come to the end... it was so good to see old friends from Jacksonville and have a night out with Scott.

Now its back to Cleveland, and more doctors appointments, for the next 2 weeks. Its hard to believe that our "Christmas roadtrip" starts in 12 days! Oh, and you can officially call me Scrooge... we're not getting a Christmas tree at all this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH NO! I guess I should've read this post before I wrote about the xmas tree on the previous one! Duh! How come you guys won't be getting one at all?

As I said to you on Facebook, I really liked your dress. I've been looking for one for our party, but I think I'm just going to go with nice slacks and a blouse. All the dresses I've found are just too expensive. There is a Bar Louie where Chris lives. When you guys come down we'll definitely have to go there!