No, not THAT kind of working girl (giggle, giggle).
I am happy to report that I am back to work, my first non-PSS job in 7.5 years! Its a contract/temp job that I landed through Kforce Professional Staffing. I am working as a "consultant" for a CPA firm based in Connecticut that is doing an audit for a company here in Pittsburgh. The assignment is for 4-6 weeks which conveniently takes me to April 1st.
The name of the company is Michael Baker Jr, Inc (http://www.mbakercorp.com/). They are an engineering firm that builds roads, does environmental work, etc. I am assisting on an audit of all the projects they have done for the New Jersey Department of Transportation over the last 7 years. Its mostly pulling invoices and entering data into a spreadsheet. Honestly, it's ridiculously easy work for me and for what they're paying me but I'M NOT COMPLAINING!
I've been on the job for 2 days now and am quite content. My boss is really nice and laid-back, the ladies in the office are nice to me (one even gave me a GIANT chocolate-covered strawberry today - yummy!) and I have my own quiet cube to do my work.
So far I only have one complaint - the drive to the office SUCKS! It may only be 13 miles but it takes roughly 32 minutes because I have to go slow (15-25 mph) up and down and around the sides of the mountains. Two lane roads, no shoulders, hundred feet drops on either side and blind curves and turns. Pray for me that I don't have to drive it in the snow and ice or in the dark!
I am extremely grateful to have a job to go to and to have a source of income in today's economy. Being out of work for the last 3 months has taken a toll on me, and Scott, and our bank accounts. I continue to look for permanent work and am not-so-secretly hoping that PSS hires me back as an analyst and allows me to work from our Pittsburgh branch.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Had to let you know, you have made this mother very anxious about your drive each day. Please be very careful for everyone that loves you there, and all of us who love you here.
So happy you are pleased with your temp. job.
My best friend Alissa from college is married to a KForce Headhunter, they live in N. Virginia though. Small world. And congrat's on the job!
Post a Comment