Ok, the title is a lame rip-off of a song from the 80's... if you know the original then you're old like me :)
We have exciting news... Josh is well on his way to being potty trained!
When he was home sick last week it just kind of started happening. He's been using the potty with no real regularity for months now but he finally seemed ready. I quickly realized that he thinks of Pull-Ups as just another diaper and will just pee/poop in them so I put him in underwear and viola he started telling us he had to go. He did have a few accidents but that's to be expected.
This week when he went back to daycare we asked him if he wanted to wear underwear or diapers and he chose underwear. Of course we're filling his head with talk about how big boys like Jimmy (his 3 1/2 year old cousin) use the potty all the time and doesnt wear diapers. On Monday and Tuesday he had accidents and came home in his spare pants but he had no accidents on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday! The teachers even said how well he's doing. I'm not claiming victory quite yet but I think he's finally getting it. Even last night when he was in his pajamas and "night time" diaper he told us he had to pee and went into the bathroom to use the potty. We're still putting a diaper on him for naps at home and at night because I dont think he's there yet.
We are so so so proud of him! I was hoping to have him potty trained by the time he was 3 and here he is at 2 years and 8 months and doing so well at it. It's only been a week and I'm sure there are accidents in our future but we think it's great he's telling us he has to potty and going all the time. (It also doesnt hurt that he gets a piece of chocolate when he poops on the potty)
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the title! Good for you with the potty training. It took us FOREVER with Kyra. I think Zach will be easier. He is only 2 (and 4 months) and he wants to sit on the toliet....He hasn't done anything yet...but he gets the idea.
Lorraine
Post a Comment