Monday, November 16, 2009

Quick neuro update

I went to the neurologist for a check up today, first visit since my diagnosis 3 months ago. I had some bloodwork done 2 weeks ago and was anxious about the results. The good news is that my liver panel came back "good" so there are no concerns that the Rebif is causing my liver damage. This means that I can continue taking the medication. Since I'm not having any issues or new symptoms I don't have to go back for another 6 months :)

I did ask him the question I had in my previous blog, about whether or not moving back up North had anything to do with the MS presenting itself. His answer is what I expected - that the wheels were set into motion years ago (MS starts developing in a person's teen years) and that it was just coincidence that it presented itself after we had moved to Cleveland. So I guess I dont have to hate Cleveland for my MS, lol.

No comments: