Sunday, November 8, 2009

What If...

The "what ifs" and "what might have beens" of life always get me despite knowing better than to think like that. I just can't help but to wonder what life might be like right now if we had made different decisions...

The BIGGEST "what if" that's on my mind alot now is what if Scott didn't take the sales territory in Cleveland?
Where would we be right now?
Would the MS have presented itself if we didnt move back up North?
Would I still be with PSS?
How different would Josh be?
Would we be happy or sad about the path we're on?

I guess the main reason this is on my mind right now is rooted in the second question above - would the MS have presented itself if we didnt move back up North? This is a "Northern" disease and while the groundwork was laid while I was growing up in NY, I can't help but wonder if my move to Florida helped to keep the disease suppressed and the move to Cleveland (and the cold) allowed the disease to emerge? It's definitely a question I'm going to ask my neurologist at my appointment next week. Not sure if his answer will give me any closure on the issue but I need to ask.

And it's not like moving back down South will resolve the issue... on the contrary, heat is bad for people with MS as it increases the fatigue. That doesn't matter to me... my goal is still to have us move down to South Florida and be near Scott's family. I dont like the cold and snow and for as much time as I spend outside on a regular basis I dont see the heat being an issue for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deb,
I think I view things a little differenly. I think that as cliche as it is, everything happens for a reason. I think that even if you aren't up North for very long you HAD to be here so that the MS would be detected. How could the repressed diagnosis be good for you, or your family? I think that you would still have been diagnosed...the legions would still be there - but by being up here now they were detected at a time that something could actually be done about it. You may think differently, these were just my thoughts as I was reading your post. I hope your appointment goes well. Talk to you online! :)
Lorraine