Friday, March 26, 2010

In like a lion, out like a lamb

Well, it's been an entire month since I last blogged... partly because it's been a little hectic and partly because there hasn't been much to blog about. Spring is officially here, as evident by my allergies, and the snow is finally gone (although we did have a dusting this morning but it melted by midday). After a bad February we were all ready to get outside! Here are the highlights of the month:
  • Josh moved from the toddler 2's room to the pre-school 3's room at daycare and the difference has been amazing. He's talking more full sentences and acting like a bigger kid every day!
  • I went down to Jacksonville for 5 days and finally got to see my boss and co-workers after almost a year of being back with PSS. It was a successful visit, got to see alot of friends, eat alot of good food that I've missed (The Loop, French Pantry, Kan Ki, etc) and got alot of work done too. Hopefully it wont be another year before I get to go back again! On another positive note from the trip, I talked to my boss Mark who agreed to let me work from home if we move again. This is HUGE for me since the chances of living near a branch again are slim, and with my health issues being able to sleep later and work from the comfort of my house is very helpful.
  • I found some decent bathing suits (tankinis) for vacation and this summer. After trying many many many brands (because Venus backordered the suit I ordered until June) I found one from Athleta and one from Lands End. They just need to be washed and put in the suitcase for or Florida trip in 12 days!
  • The next installment in the Twilight series, New Moon, was released on DVD. I've only watched it once since I got it in the mail last weekend am still very Team Edward :) It's taking me forever to re-read Eclipse (for the 4th time) in anticipation of the movie release on June 30th.

On a low note, my right arm has been bothering me. It's not a relapse of my MS, just an exacerbation of my existing symptoms. Go figure, the right arm and left leg go together. While it's brought down my mood I've decided not to sit idly by and just take it. I'm reading up on changing my diet (eliminating certain foods like red meat, peanut butter, etc) and now I take a TON of vitamins every morning. Most of what I read says that I should be eating fish at least 3 times a week but I absolutely despise fish, the smell and taste makes me gag. In its place I'm taking fish oil pills to get my Omega-3s and hoping that's enough.

Like I said, not really too much to report from this month. We're looking forward to Easter and then our Florida trip from which I'm sure I'll have tons of pictures to post :)

No comments: