I read somewhere (probably in one of my mom's million forwards) that Coca-Cola takes rust off of things and decided to put that theory to the test. We don't have a fenced in back yard and live on a very busy street so whenever Kody has to go out we have to put him on a tie-out. Simple enough, it has a metal clasp that hooks to his collar and off he goes.
Well, with all of the snow we've gotten the clasp has continually gotten wet and has started to rust to the point I couldn't get it to open this evening. I remembered the email and poured a cup of my favorite beverage, good ol' Coca-Cola, and let the clasp sit in the liquid for about one minute.
Wouldn't you know it DID take some rust off and I was able to quite easily open the clasp?!?!?!? Scary to think if it can do that what is it doing to my insides? I need to block that out of my mind...
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So you think Heloise has all the good hints, huh? Next time try other fav WD40. I often say if you cant do it with WD40 or Duct tape, it cant be done, lol.
Post a Comment