Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My silly little man

Josh is growing into quite the funny little boy and has taken up some funny and peculiar habits:
  • He likes to stick things up his nose. Most of the time its balled up clumps of Kody's fur that he has found on the carpet. No matter how many times we tell him not to do it he still sits very quietly (a dead-giveaway) and puts it in his nostril, usually the left one. So far it hasn't been far enough up to do any damage and I hope that it stays that way.
  • He repeats the same word over and over and over again until you repeat it back to him. If he's calling out "mama" or "dada" or "boo-boo" or "stuck" he will continue to say it until you look at him and say the same word back. Saying "yes" or any other word besides his word of choice at that moment doesn't work.
  • He wants me to kiss all of his boo-boos. I find this one very cute and oblidge him almost every time as it is my duty as his mommy. The only time I've refused is after a bath one night he said he had a boo-boo on his penis... that's where I draw the line!
  • He needs to listen to music during his bath. I guess this is my fault... I like to listen to music when I take a shower (the whole dancing and singing thing would crack anyone up if they saw me). Anyway, I bought an inexpensive iPod docking station to put in the bathroom so I could have music when I shower. I had already downloaded lots of Wiggles music onto my iPod a while ago for Josh to listen to in the car and had the brilliant idea to play it for him one night while he was in the tub. Now he insists on listening to music and even wants to listen to it when he's not in the tub. I've created a monster :) I'm trying to broaden his horizons (and not lose my mind) so the music of choice for tonight's bath was Dave Matthews Band... he still asked for the Wiggles.
  • He likes to point out things and called them "silly". Of course he's still working on pronouncing his L's so the word sounds so cute coming out of his mouth. Tonight it was silly when Kody was running around the house like a crazy dog, and silly when I was dancing to a song. I get called silly a lot these days.

That's about all I can remember right now... I can't wait to see and hear what he'll do next!

1 comment:

Dawn Marie said...

Awwww I love this blog! I got a good laugh this morning, so thank you! I miss Josh...I bet he's so big now! I can't wait til he starts to talk on the phone.