Last night, as I lay on the mattress on the floor trying to fall asleep, I started thinking about the top 10 things I will not miss about living in this house:
- The kitchen sink backing up and making the whole house smell foul... usually happened whenever we did laundry but every once in awhile it would gurgle and back up for no apparent reason.
- NO dishwasher
- NO garbage disposal
- The old electrical system and lack of three-prong outlets.
- The washing machine draining into a laundry tub and having to clean out the drain every other load.
- Living on a super-busy street.
- Josh's room being ice-cold all the time
- Only having one working bathroom (technically we have a half bath but that toilet broke shortly after moving in and we never had it fixed). Having to share a bathroom with Josh (and our parents when they came to visit) was tough!
- The long flight of stairs down to the basement (that Josh fell down and has a scar on his face from).
- The front door lock that sticks. It was bad enough that the lock was a doorknob push and turn kind of lock but we really got aggravated when we found that only one key would open it and even that took lots of effort. We had duplicates made but not a single one would open the lock!
Alas, I'm sure I'll find some things that I don't like about the house we're moving into but I can honestly say that there is no love lost on my part with moving out of this one. Pittsburgh here we come!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment