Sunday, July 26, 2009

Boring, irritating week

I don't have too much to report from this past week, it was pretty boring and uneventful.

While I LOVE being back with PSS and LOVE my job it's irritating me lately. I'm in charge of all tracking and reporting for the company's 3-year initiative called REACH which basically involves our reps (like Scott) cold-calling on doctors' offices to gain lots of new business. Right now we're winding down a promotion called GAME ON with cash prizes to incentivise the reps to focus on cold-calling. Since there's money involved the reps are scrutinizing the report and contacting me with questions as to why some customers aren't counting towards the promo. I don't mind when they ask me about a handful, but this week seemed to be the week of big lists of customers. I'm glad they're working hard and focused on the initiative but don't understand why they can't read and understand the rules (this goes for the sales leaders too)!

The second reason I'm irritated with work is because of our upcoming National Meeting. Due to budget constraints, even though I'm part of the Marketing department, I am not being invited to go to the meeting in Dallas. I'm pretty upset about it since it's the major annual department function and almost everyone else is going (the only others not going are my analyst counterpart Matt and the help desks). It sucks bad enough that I work hundreds of miles away from them and have little to no interaction with them and now I don't get to be with them at the meeting. :( Spouses are invited to go for a fee and this year the cost went up so it's $1,200! No thanks...

On a brighter note, we leave on Thursday for our trip to South Florida. Josh is very excited to see his cousin Jimmy, and play with his toys! We're really hoping for good weather because we have a lot planned - a day at a waterpark, a BBQ with my future sister-in-law's family, outdoor family pictures and of course we hope to get to the beach once or twice. (We're already talking about making this an annual family get together and thinking next year we should do either a Disney or Nickolodeon cruise!) The weather has been so unseasonably cool up here that we may melt when we get down into the 90+ degree heat down there. Thankfully almost all of our plans involve being in or near water :)

No comments: