Friday, July 3, 2009

My new ride

So after weeks of searching, test driving vehicles, recalculating numbers and stressing I finally bought my SUV - a 2010 Honda Pilot LX! (this is a stock photo of course but I did get a silver one)I totally didn't think we'd be able to afford a 2010 ANYTHING but after working the numbers it worked out. Granted, I had to give up my beloved steering wheel audio controls but it's something I can live with. They totally redesigned the Pilot with last year's model and the interior is so nice... check out the dash area (mine is all gray):I'm proud to report that I did this all on my own. Scott was in Ohio at a vendor and I REALLY wanted an SUV for our trip to camp today so I took it upon myself to go to the dealership and work the deal. I got them to the price I wanted with minimal effort although I did make them re-work their numbers 3 times.

Having an SUV is going to be great for us, especially in winter because it has 4WD. We have lots of driving trips planned this summer and the Pilot will allow us to bring alot more stuff with us, especially toys, etc for Josh. It is a little bittersweet though, I LOVED my Camry and actually shed a few tears when I looked back at her as I drove away from the dealership last night.

Goodbye my sleek & cozy Florida car... Hello my roomy & rugged Pittsburgh truck :)

No comments: