Sunday, July 12, 2009

I love 80's Hair Bands

On Friday night we had free lawn tickets to go see Cheap Trick, Poison & Def Leppard with our friends Jen, Jerry, Julie & Shawn. We all had a good time and Jen & I rocked out singing the words to every song. I've seen Cheap Trick and Poison before but this was my first time seeing Def Leppard. Here are some pics:

me & Scott (a little blurry but that's what happens when i try to take our pic after many many many beers)
me & Jen
the opening band was Cheap Trick

the middle band was Poison (on a side note I got to meet the "bouncer" guy from Rock of Love named "Big John". we were standing in the front of the lawn section and I saw him walking down the walkway so I made a bee-line for him and said "hi, I just wanted to meet you", shook his hand, and walked away. I'm sure he probably thought I was just another crazy groupie chic!)
the headliners Def Leppard (the lead singer Joe Elliot's voice is not what it used to be, he can't hit the high notes anymore but the show was still alot of fun!)


I love living in Pittsburgh because all of the major concerts come through here. Jacksonville never got any shows because we didn't have a great ampitheater for the summer concerts to stop at. Can you tell we're taking full advantage of all the shows here? Our friend Shawn won 6 free tickets to the Creed concert on August 6th - not sure if we'll be making that one, it's on a Thursday!

No comments: