Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Boobapalooza

I've always had a love-hate relationship with my breasts.
Sometimes I think they're a nice asset to my figure.
Other times (like when I'm bathing suit shopping) I find them annoying and unnecessary.
Oh how I wish I had perfectly perky "C's"!

I'm going through another "I hate my breasts" phase and once again toying with the idea of reduction surgery. I've thought about it off and on for at least the last 10 years but always found a reason not to do it...
I couldn't take time off...
I didnt have the money...
I was afraid of the pain...

But now I'm starting to wonder if the time is finally right. I honestly feel like they're starting to affect my health. I have the ever-so-attractive grooves in my shoulders from my bra straps but besides that I do have pretty constant neck/shoulder achiness. That's gotta account for something! So now the question becomes "how do I get insurance to pay for this"?

I haven't really gotten that far yet but need to research plastic surgeons in the greater Pittsburgh area and at least go for a consultation. When I brought this up to Scott he initially thought I was going crazy but after talking it through a bit he understand why I would want to do it and is very supportive. And I'll definitely need his support because I assume I wont be able to do too much around the house for awhile after the surgery.

So we'll see. Maybe this will pass again and resurface at a later time but as I sit here right now it's something I'm really considering doing. I guess after all of the medical crap that I've had to deal with over the last year I'd like to do something for myself and make me feel better about my ever-failing body.

No comments: