I think the weathermen were calling this storm a "powerhouse" and they weren't kidding! From everything that I saw on tv and online they were only predicting 4-7 inches of snow up at my house. Once again weathermen prove that they are full of shit and can't predict their way out of a paperbag.

The snow started slowly at 12:30 yesterday afternoon but didn't start sticking to the roads until around 3:30pm. Then it really started snowing harder and accumulating. I still was optimistic and didnt think that we'd get more than the 7 inches predicted. Well, we had the 7 inches by 10pm last night and the snow was still coming down. When I woke up this morning I found out that we got almost 3 times that amount (I didn't measure it myself but my friend Jen down the road did and says they got 20 inches).

So my day started out with shoveling off the patio, steps, and a small path so that Kody could go outside and "do his business". I also had to trudge through the lawn to wipe the snow off the satellite dish since it was totally buried and we weren't getting any reception. Josh and I spent the morning inside playing and watching tv. In order to get him to lay down for his nap I promised him we could go outside and play in the snow after he woke up so we finally ventured outside around 2:30pm today.

Of course he cried when he got snow in his glove and on his face so we weren't out there for more than 30-40 minutes. I attempted to shovel more but the snow was way too heavy and there was so much of it. I ventured out to the end of the driveway near the road to see how deep it was (from the street plows) and laughed when it was all the way up to my hips. Needless to say, the truck is still surrounded by snow up to the bumpers and we didnt go anywhere today. Scott will have the pleasure of coming home from Florida tomorrow and immediately begging our neighbor to use his snow blower so he can clear the driveway!
Josh hasn't been too too bad for me so far although he's getting a little stir crazy like his mama. We've watched A LOT of tv this weekend including "The Incredibles" and "Monsters Inc".

We also made break-n-bake Valentine's sugar cookies tonight and had a little treat before he went to bed. Hopefully he'll sleep well tonight and be good for me tomorrow morning as well. He did say something very funny tonight... one of his little rubber balls (from a vending machine) got stuck underneath the ottoman and he couldn't move it to get the ball. He came up to me and said that I needed to move the ottoman because I have "big hands" and proceeded to grab my hand and say "see big hand"! He cracks me up!
No comments:
Post a Comment