Our schedule is pretty full every weekend for the next month and a half and it seems that every event is going to include alcohol. My poor liver is going to be screaming at me by mid-July! The last year that we were in Jax I was going out pretty often so my tolerance got built up a bit and my body got used to processing alcohol every weekend. Since we've moved I really haven't drank all that much, so my tolerance is waaaaaaaay down and my body isn't so happy with me. Even the smallest amount of alcohol makes me feel like crap the next day.
So this past weekend was my trip to Buffalo to see all my old grad school buddies. What a fun time! It was really great to see Patrick, Reanna, Anna and Jenny... I needed a good dose of some old friends.
Both nights I went out drinking and had some good laughs AND I got to eat some foods that I missed - chicken fingers from Duff's, doughnuts from Tim Horton's, BBQ beef burrito from Mighty Taco, YUM YUM YUM!!! The drive is really easy, north on 79 then east on 90 and it only takes 3 hours. I need to go visit more often, that's for sure. Of course we didn't take any pictures last night like we had planned on so we still don't have a new good pic of me, Anna & Jenny - maybe next trip. Above is a pic of me and Patrick before we went out on Friday night.I had quite a few martinis and didn't get anything more than buzzed each night, but still felt like poo the next morning. Not a true hangover, just felt yucky with a slight headache - nothing a little water and Advil couldn't take care of. At least this coming weekend I'll only be drinking one night - on Saturday with my girls at the No Doubt concert! We'll see how the liver holds up then.
No comments:
Post a Comment