Monday, June 22, 2009

Wow what a weekend!

That about sums it up... what a weekend!

We had the DMB shows on Friday and Saturday and had so much fun! My friend Patrick drove down from Buffalo and my girlfriend Andrea from high school drove down from Utica on Friday for the concert that night. We had the best seats I've ever had in my life, 4th row! Sometimes being part of a fan club is totally worth it. Here is a pic from the show (taken without zooming in at all!). The setlist was amazing, in my opinion, and I got a lot of my favorites which was awesome. To top it all off, I got a drumstick from the drummer Carter at the end of the show. He was tossing a bunch into the crowd so I stood up on my seat and I'm pretty sure he was throwing it AT me. Of course I can't catch and it went through my hands but Patrick was able to beat other people to it get it for me.

On Saturday night we went to the show with our Pittsburgh (formerly Jacksonville) friends Jen and Jerry. They've liked DMB for a long time but this was their first time at a show. The setlist wasn't as great that night, again in my opinion, but was still a good time. Our seats were further back that night but still pretty good (at least we didn't end up with lawn seats!) Scott let me get drunk on Friday night so to reciprocate I let him get drunk on Saturday night which meant that I had to drive the VW home. Now that was an experience! I did well and really didn't have any trouble so we all made it home safely.

Yesterday was Father's Day and it was nice to be able to spend it this year with Scott's parents. They had watched Josh for us all weekend so we could go to the concerts so we drove down there yesterday afternoon. It sounded like they had a good weekend with Josh and he was very happy to see us. We all went out for an early dinner and then headed home.

Needless to say we dragging today, I'm still exhausted! I have to admit I am kinda sad though. Usually my DMB shows are towards the end of the summer so I have something to look forward for awhile. Now my shows are done... so sad. I may need to figure out if I can travel to see another one :) I know, I know, I'm not a fan, I'm a FANATIC!

No comments: