Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Randoms...

I'm sitting here, sipping on a Stoli Raz & Sprite and watching a documentary on the Dave Matthews Band and thought I'd randomly blog about what's on my mind.

I'm convinced that if I want something done right I have to do it myself. This afternoon I let Scott take Josh to get his haircut and when they got home it didn't really look like it was cut. Sure, the top looked a little shorter but the sides and back were still long. So I asked Scott, why didn't they use the clippers and Scott's response was "I didn't realize we have them use clippers on Josh". Ugh! (I have them use the clippers at a #4 EVERY TIME)

I am sooooooooooooooooooo excited about my upcoming DMB shows. I stayed up until midnight last night to watch the live concert they were showing on the Fuse network from the Beacon Theatre. What a great show! There are a few of the new songs they're doing live that I could do without seeing but it's all good. As long as the show flows I'll be happy. It'll be great to go to another show with Patrick since he was with me for my first one :) Scott is very excited to go because he gets to drive us down in the VW and he LOVES taking the bus out to shows. He's not a fan of the music so I'm grateful that he tolerates it for me. Tim Reynolds is playing electric guitar on this tour so hopefully that will appease Scott a little more because he says rock music without an electric guitar is like going to dinner and only eating a baked potato. LMAO

I'm also very excited about my trip to Buffalo this weekend. Patrick is back from Mexico sans swine flu so we're all good there. Friday night I'll be going out with Patrick and his friends - I hear we're going downtown which is cool because I'll get to go to my fave bar Soho. I can't wait to get some Stoli Raz & tea! For those who don't know, they have iced tea on tap at the bars in Buffalo. On Saturday I'm going to Duff's with Patrick and Reanna for lunch (yum!) and then meeting Anna for some outlet shopping. Saturday night is my girls night out with Anna and Jenny and I can't wait to drink and dance and make some good memories.

I want a new vehicle. From what everyone keeps telling me, dealers are ready to make good deals and I'm hoping to get one of them. I want a medium-sized SUV. It's getting too hard for the 4 of us (including Kody) to go anywhere all together in my Camry, especially with luggage. I'm looking at the Toyota Highlander, Honda Pilot and GMC Acadia. I need to test drive each of them to figure out which one is most comfortable for me. I'm leaning towards the Highlander because it's another Toyota and looks to be the closest to my Camry, just bigger. I really love my car but it's time to move up AND get something with 4WD now that we live up North.

Josh is starting to be more and more interested in the potty and has even peed at daycare. He hasn't really gotten the idea that he has to tell us before he needs to pee but I'm sure it'll come. He's only 27 months old right now. But when we ask him and he pees on the potty he gets a treat - either a few Skittles, a peanut M&M or a Hershey Kiss. That seems to be good motivation for him because he loves all 3 of those candies.

We are going to decorate Josh's room this summer. Right now he still has butterflies painted on the walls from the previous renter and they gots to go. His room in Jax was the beach theme and while I still have all the bedding and decoration for the walls I don't feel like doing it again (maybe because we're land-locked in Pitt). So, we're going to do a Red Sox theme. We have a bunch of pictures and decorative stuff that was Scott's in his "man cave" that we can use and of course I'll buy more baseball themed things. First I need to paint and will probably pick a generic beige color and use decorative things to jazz the room up.

Speaking of Josh's room, we haven't converted his crib yet but have lowered the rail as low as it will go to see how he does. It's been a few weeks and he's doing well with it. He hasn't tried to climb out yet and we keep warning him that he'll fall down and get hurt if he does try to climb. If he does well for another month or so we may convert his crib into the daybed. When we do that we'll have to put the spare baby gate up in front of his door so that he can't run around upstairs and near the stairs.

Okay, that's enough for now. More to come later...

No comments: