Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I'm just a girl...

Last Saturday was my girl's night out with Jen, Susan and Julie and we went to the No Doubt/Paramore concert which was AWESOME! We made snack foods and cocktails for tailgating in the parking lot and played 2 rounds of "Cornhole" (some of you may know it as bean bags). The show was so good, Gwen Stefani is amazing and has abs that make the rest of us want to cry. It was so much fun to dance and sing every word to every song and for only $15 for lawn tickets!

Of course I drank too much, fell asleep in the truck on the way home, and felt pretty crappy all day on Sunday. I guess I'm getting too old for this!

But, even as I type that last line I know I'm going to do it all over again this weekend because DAVE MATTHEWS BAND IS COMING!!!!!! I'm soooooooooooooo freaking excited! I've been checking setlists for weeks now to see what songs I can expect and feel pretty confident that I'll hear most of my faves since I'm going both nights. On Friday night I have 2 friends traveling from out of town to go to the show with Scott and me - Patrick is coming from Buffalo and Andrea, a friend from high school that I literally haven't seen since graduation, is driving down from Utica! She's a huge DMB fan and when she found out I had an extra 4th row ticket for Friday night she jumped at the chance to come with us. I'm so excited to share the experience of going to the show with both Patrick and Andrea, who love the music, because Scott isn't a fan and only goes and tolerates it because he loves me :) Anyway, on Saturday night we're going to the show with Jen and Jerry who like DMB but have never been to a show. I'm excited to see their reactions to live Dave!

In other news, I've begun shopping for my SUV. Last night I test drove a 2008 Toyota Highlander Sport. It was a very nice ride and felt similar to driving my Camry which I really liked. My major concerns with that particular truck was that the backseat has 2 captain's chairs and a small center armrest that can be flipped up to make more of a bench seat, and no 3rd row of seats. I'm afraid that the backseat will be too crowded if we go somewhere with 2 other people outside of me, Scott & Josh. I'm a bit frustrated because that is the only Highlander in the Pittsburgh area that has steering wheel radio controls - a small convenience that has become VERY important to me. Well, I had them appraise my car anyway and took the information home to talk over with Scott.
Today on my lunch hour I went and drove a 2007 Honda Pilot EX-L. I liked it as well and felt comfortable driving it. The backseat is a true bench seat and it also has the 3rd row seating that folds down flat for storage. My one petty complaint about it though is that it doesn't have an auxillary jack to hook up my iPod. It does have leather interior, heated seats, a moonroof and XM radio. Next step is for Scott to see and drive both of these vehicles because even though it will primarily be my every day vehicle I want his opinion on which one he thinks will be best for us as a family. Keep your fingers crossed for us that we can get a good deal... I hope to have it before our 4th of July trip up to camp!

No comments: