While sitting at my kitchen table this afternoon my mother-in-law Donna stated:
"It doesn't matter, Bukowski men will do whatever they want anyway"
I couldn't agree with her more. She made the comment in reference to the conversation my father-in-law Joe was having with Scott about buying a vehicle. It doesn't matter what Donna says, Joe will get whatever vehicle he wants. Scott can be the same way, once he gets something set in his mind he's going to buy it/do it/see it no matter how I feel about what it is. I don't think I've ever successfully convinced him otherwise once he's decided to go see a concert.
Case in point, Scott has been talking about wanting to buy a bike since the beginning of spring. He had a beach cruiser when we lived in Jax and he sold it to our neighbor Troy before we left because beach cruisers aren't meant for serious biking, much less tackling hills like the ones that surround us up here. He's looked online a couple times but hadn't mentioned it in a little while so I figured the urge had passed. I was wrong.
Tonight after dinner and cleaning up our cars he announced to me that he was going up to Dick's to get a bike. This of course led to quite the arguement because just a mere 5 days ago he was lamenting about how much he works and that he feels like he's neglecting me and Josh. I mean really, he's so busy that he works on orders and quotes up in the office every night until at least 11pm. I watch TV by myself every night. Yeah, he should be spending more time with me but I'll survive. I told him to spend more time with Josh before he goes to bed at 8pm and then go up into the office. I brought this point up during our arguement and he tells me that he won't ride the bike until after Josh goes to bed. So on top of competing with his work, and the time he takes to walk Kody, I will also be competing with his "bike riding" time. Wonderful. I just may get to the end of the internet by Labor Day.
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment