Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cleveland Rocks (kind of)

Ok... so I've decided that Cleveland does rock in some respects and that I like the city when I'm only a visitor and not a resident. We had such a good time there yesterday and last night and I'm posting just a few pics from the trip.

The Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame was great - lots of really cool stuff to see. I was a bit disappointed that cameras weren't allowed in the museum (only in the lobby) so I didn't take too many pictures.

We stayed at the Doubletree in downtown Cleveland and would highly recommend it to anyone. The hotel was really nice, recently renovated, and the bed was super comfortable.

We went to dinner at Cadiallac Ranch which was right down the road from the House of Blues. We didn't realize that Cleveland was hosting the MAC playoff game so the place was mobbed with Akron Zips fans - I'm sad to say that Akron beat my Buffalo Bulls too :(

After dinner we went to HOB to see Dickey Betts and Great Southern. I've seen them 4 times before and this was by far the best I've ever seen. They were amazing! Scott and I debated whether he was playing with such passion because he's getting ready to re-join the Allman Brothers Band for a show (this is their 40th anniversary year) or because he has an axe to grind since there is so much bad blood between him and the ABB... Either way, the show was unreal and I'm so glad that we got to be there. Again, no cameras were allowed in the concert so I have no pictures.

No comments: