
Today I took a "mental health" day and played hookie from work. There were so many errands I needed to run and the weather was going to be awesome so I didn't go into the office. The temperature gauge in my car read 70 at one point and I was driving around with the windows and sunroof open and enjoyed the day. I definitely needed it to recharge my emotional battery after yesterday.
Anyway, two of the tasks I completed today were getting myself and Josh some new sneakers(as seen above).
Josh has been wearing the hand-me-downs from his cousin Jimmy and although we greatly appreciate getting the free stuff from him, I thought it was time to get some nice new sneakers for my boy. Last night I traced his feet onto a piece of paper and brought it into Stride Rite at the Tanger Outlets in Washington, PA. I was shocked to learn that he is a size 7.5 almost 8. My poor buddy has been wearing size 7 sneakers for awhile now and I didn't even realize that he had outgrown them! I opted for the velcro ones over the shoelace ones so that we can start teaching Josh to put on his own shoes. He's already started trying to dress himself and this is the next logical step. While I was there I also picked up a cute pair of green clogs that look like frogs called Polli-Walks. They will even leave webbed-looking frog feet impressions when Josh walks on sand or soft dirt. He absolutely loved them and even wanted to wear them to bed.
I've been wanting to start running again and now that the weather has improved I figured there's no time like the present. My friend Keri recommended a place called Fleet Feet - a store that specializes in everything for runners and with expert staff to get you in the right sneaker. I was told that I over pronate (which I kinda already knew) and needed a sneaker with extra support. I tried on two pairs of sneakers, one Asics and one New Balance, and decided on the Asics. She had me run in the store and I could immediately tell a difference from my Nikes. They were supportive but still very comfortable. I can't wait to try them out (I didn't start running tonight because I also got a pedicure today and didn't want to risk ruining it on the first day).
No comments:
Post a Comment