Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Take two pills daily for 10 days

Unfortunately I have a sinus infection AGAIN. I just had one two months ago (right before we moved) and never finished my antibiotic like a bad girl so the infection decided to pay me another visit. I shouldn't be surprised... I get them every year around this time, whether I'm living in NY, FL, OH or PA. From what every doctor keeps telling me its due to my allergies causing things to get blocked up in my nose and sinuses which then proceeds to get infected. I've tried nasal sprays like Nasonex and a nasal cleaner like Simply Saline but nothing seems to keep my sinuses from getting infected.
Today the doctor at the urgent care told me about a contraption that my co-worker Stephanie had told me about LAST winter. It's called a Neti Pot http://www.neti-pot.com/.
It literally looks like a mini tea pot that you fill with salt water, stick up your nostril, lean your head to the side over a sink, and let the fluid flow and clean out the sinuses and drain out the other nostril. I know, this all sounds absolutely disgusting which is why I dismissed it when Steph told me about it last year. But, this doctor, who has allergies himself, swears by the thing and says he's never felt better. I'm still skeptical about it, I hate putting anything up my nose and using nasal sprays was a big step for me. Running water into one nostril and out the other just doesn't sit well with me but I'm not totally dismissing it. I'm tired of these infections and all the antibiotics and wonder if I should just give it a shot. We shall see...
Here's a picture of me and my little man from tonight - daycare needed family pictures for a collage and I didn't like any of the other recent ones I have so we had a photo session right after his bath tonight :) Josh is getting into trains lately and insisted on wearing his "choo choo" pajamas - luckily he doesn't realize that its also a cartoon. Scott and I can't stand Thomas the Train so we're being mean parents and hiding the show from him. He has enough stuff to watch already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck keeping him away from Thomas! Let me know if you "cave" I have some videos to pass down from Alex. I am trying to get him to give up his trains also. If it works I will send them on too!!

Kristin