This weekend is the unofficial start of the 2009 concert season for me and Scott. It is by far Scott's favorite past-time and I have come to love going too when it's a band or artist that I really like. Sometimes we go together... sometimes we go separately.
Tonight we are staying in St Clairsville, OH at my in-laws' house with both Josh and Kody. If it wasn't sold out, I would have dragged Scott to the Wheeling casino to see Bret Michaels. I know, I'm a total dork for wanting to go that show but whatever.
Tomorrow we will head up to Cleveland, minus the "kids" to go to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame during the day and then to House of Blues at night to see Dickey Betts (former guitarist for the Allman Brothers Band). We're really looking forward to a night away, just the two of us.
As I said, this is just the beginning. At the end of April/beginning of May Scott will go to see The Dead in New Jersey and Philly with his brother Jon. The Grateful Dead is Scott's absolute favorite band and I'm excited that he is able to go and see the remaining members play more shows. I'm also glad that he can go with his brother - I definitely do not appreciate that music or the shows like Scott and Jon do and I am more than happy to stay home with Josh.
June is shaping up to be a busy concert month for the both of us.
The Wanee Festival in Live Oak, FL is the weekend of June 5th. At this time its looking like Scott won't be able to go due to lack of money but we'll see, I don't absolutely rule anything out when it comes to Scott and concerts. If he REALLY wants to go he will.
The following weekend I am doing a "girl's night out" with Jen, Julie and Susan and going to the No Doubt/Paramore concert on June 13th. I'm sure all of our husbands/boyfriends are thanking us for making it a girl thing and leaving them home. For $15 a ticket for lawn seats we just couldn't say no.
The weekend after that will be the amazing two-night Dave Matthews Band extravaganza! These are the shows that I'm most looking forward to. I love DMB, I love their shows, 'nuff said. Jen and Jerry will be accompanying Scott and I to the Friday night show and then on Saturday my BFF Patrick (here's your shout out :-p) will be driving down from Buffalo to go to the Saturday show with me. I have 2 other tickets to that show so we'll see who else wants to come with us. Its guaranteed to be an awesome time.
Right now that's it for concerts for us but as more are announced I'm sure we'll add more to the list. Living in Pittsburgh is great because a lot of concerts make a stop there so it is sure to be a busy year of concert-going for us both and we couldn't be happier about it. :)
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i like it!!! And i read it... and now its in my "favorites"!!! :)
Post a Comment