Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The search continues...

Yesterday was the first day of fiscal year 2010 for PSS and that meant a new budget. I've been in contact with my former VP of Marketing (Mark) for months now and talking to him about rehiring me into a second analyst role for the department. The communications all seemed positive and he said there was great interest in bringing me back on, but it was a budget issue and he would have to find the money for my salary. I remained hopeful thinking that my salary is piddly compared to the giant budget for the department. All of my friends that are still there were telling me that they saw a need for another analyst, there was more than enough work to go around, and that also gave me hope.

So, I gave Mark a phone call at 8:30 yesterday morning.
It's a "no"... not enough room in the budget :(

Needless to say, the rest of my day yesterday was horrible. I was in an awful mood and so greatly saddened and disappointed that my career at PSS is totally over. My friend Jennifer is trying to keep me positive and says that there is going to be something bigger and better for me out there, an even better job is right around the corner. I'm the eternal pessimist so its very hard for me to look at things that way but I'm trying.

The search continues...

I still have Kforce and RHMR working to find a job for me, either contract work or ideally permanent. I may have an interview soon with an educational company and am waiting to hear back from the recruiter. Luckily my assignment at Michael Baker Corp has been extended until the end of this month so I have at least another 4 paychecks coming in. Scott is doing well in his territory but not well enough for me to take a substantial paycut from what I was making before I left PSS. Hopefully Jen is right and I'm on the verge of starting a great career with another company.

No comments: