Ah, my beloved tan... this Northern existence has made you run away from me... please come back...
So yes, I'm back to going to the tanning bed, well, tanning booth. The fake-and-bake, the cancer vault. I do not like being pale, never have and never will. Living in Florida allowed me the luxury of getting real sun and a real tan as early as March. I remember too many St Patty's Days where I was laying on the beach and enjoying the sun - one year I remember getting drunk and absolutely burnt to a crisp with Scott and going home and passing out (ah the days of being childless). But I digress...
Now that I'm back up North it's back to paying for my tan and getting it at night, in a room that would make anyone claustrophobic go nuts. At least there's usually good music and I can dance my time away. Based on Jen's recommendation (she is really my ambassador to Pittsburgh), I got a membership to Hollywood Tans (http://www.hollywoodtans.com/index.asp). It's a nice place, clean and with all stand-up tanning booths (they also have the spray-on Mystic tan which I may do right before my trip to Jax).
So there are 3 levels of tanning... the HT42 booth is a max of 11 minutes and their lowest level of tanning - this is the one that I did 3 times last week with minimal pinkness and minimal results. The mid-range booth is the HT54. Today I decided to go into the strongest booth, the HT60. As a gift for buying a 3-month package in the HT42's they gave me 2 free weeks in the HT60 booths and that expires next Monday so I figured why not try it out. According to their website:
"HT60: The Ultimate 8-minute Tan
The HT60 is our fastest tanning booth. You'll have your beautiful base tan in only 3 to 4 sessions, with only 2% UVB allowing you to build your tan faster."
Well... I'm pink, I mean really pink. I wouldn't say red, just very very pink. I only went for 5 minutes but it was a very hot and intense 5 minutes. Tonight I will lotion up really good before bed and hope that tomorrow I don't wake up red. One thing's for sure... I won't be wearing a v-neck shirt to the office tomorrow. I don't need to give those nerdy engineers any more reason to stare at me! :)
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment