Friday, May 8, 2009

CNY Trip

So last weekend while Daddy was galavanting all over the Northeast with Uncle Jon and being a "Deadhead", Josh and I took a trip back to Central NY (Utica and Syracuse) to visit family. All in all Josh did well during the 6 hour drive thanks to a full belly that made him nap for a few hours, and the portable DVD player with lots and lots of Dora/Diego/Backyardigans/Handy Manny/Sesame Street DVDs to watch.

We arrived in Utica on Wednesday evening and stayed with Grandma and Grandpa for 3 nights. I was very happy to get my O'Scuggnizzo's pizza and Voss's while I was there. On Friday night I also got to spend some time with my ex-boyfriend's daughter Chrissy (who will be turning 16 next month which makes me feel super old). I hadn't seen her in like 6 years and it was great to be able to hang out with her, especially now that she's older. She convinced me to not only take her to the batting cages, but to also hit 3 buckets worth of softballs myself. I have to admit, it was a lot of fun!

On Saturday, Josh and I drove out to Syracuse and met Cioci Paula, Caitlin and Aidan at the zoo. We had a really good time there and Josh kept running around saying "Mommy animals more?", it was adorable.

On Sunday morning we went to 10:15am mass where my godson Matthew made his first communion. He did so well and I'm very proud of him.

After mass we went to my cousin David's house for a party and ate lots of good food and spent time with family (and Josh had a great time running around with all the kids).

It was sad to leave but we were ready to come home on Monday and luckily Grandma came back with us for the ride because Mr. Josh was not so happy to sit in the car for 6 hours this time. After stopping 3 times (I think) we finally made it home and Scott had a yummy Italian dinner waiting for us (take out from our fave restaurant here)! Grandma stayed an extra day to hang out with Josh and flew home on Wednesday morning. All in all a great trip and some much needed time with my family. I can't wait to see everyone again soon! XOXO to all that read my blog - we love you guys!

No comments: