Doctor #1 - the ENT
Scott went to an ENT on Monday to find out what was going on with his throat and ears. As I suspected, she didn't think that he had strep throat. Unfortunately she says it's viral tonsilitis which means that meds won't do anything to help it clear up faster - he just needs to wait it out. She said for him to finish his antibiotics (just for good measure) but to lay off of all the pain meds. Luckily the worst is behind him and Scott is feeling better and better every day. He's back to eating normal food (no more jello and yogurt) but I still treated him to a surprise vanilla custard from Rita's last night :)
Doctor #2 - the Pediatrician
Just as we get past one illness, we face another. On Monday Josh started looking glassy-eyed and had a runny nose. For the last 2 days the nose has gotten progressively worse and he is sneezing a bit now. I asked him to show me where it hurts and he points into his open mouth. He hasn't been too interested in eating much of anything for dinner lately although his sheets from school say that he's eating most if not all of his lunches. Tomorrow I will call the pediatrician and see if we can get him an appointment for Friday. I'm afraid that he either caught what Scott had, or his ear infection is back (he had one right before we went to Utica and he keeps poking his fingers into his ears).
Doctor #3 - the General Practitioner
So I guess it's finally time that I got some medical attention. Shortly after we moved to Pitt I found myself a "lady doctor" and went to see them for my annual check up. Now it's time for me to go see a regular doctor for all the other stuff, which I'm doing in a week and a half. My allergies are killing me (I forgot how bad my Northern allergies were) and the OTC generic Zyrtec isn't working for me - time to get another script for Allegra. I could also use a script for more "happy pills". I still have a few left from when I got them in August but I'd hate to hit a rough patch, need some and not have them handy.
I haven't blogged about it for months now but I'm still having trouble with my left side - the partial numbness and lack of sensitivity to temperature has never gone away, I just got used to it really. The only time that I really notice it is in the shower or bath and when I'm outside in the sun. I had so many tests done in Cleveland and they all came back normal so I'd like to talk to a doctor here about it and get a referral to go see a neurologist. There has to be a physical cause for what I'm experiencing and it's about time I find out what it is.
I'll keep everyone updated on how we're all doing!
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment