After 48 hours of being on the anitbiotic Scott is still feeling pretty crappy - his ears even feel a bit worse. So I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it's not really strep throat. The "rapid" throat culture at the urgent care office came back negative but the Physician's Assistant was still convinced that it was strep (btw - there weren't any white spots on his tonsils either). But, today is Sunday so all he can do is continue the meds and rest and wait for tomorrow to go to an ENT for a second opinion. About 6 1/2 years ago Scott went through something similiar, but much worse, and ended up in the hospital for a few days on IV meds. That time it was Monotonsilitis and his throat swelled up so much he literally couldn't swallow at all. Today he can swallow and eat soft foods (with pain) so I doubt it's that again. I hope he just needs a stronger antibiotic and doesn't have to have his tonsils out.
On a lighter note, Josh and I have had an okay weekend although he's had his moments. Last night he surprised me by eating a cheeseburger from McDonald's - I learn something new about my little man every day. He also likes to eat all the meatballs out of the Chef Boyardee meals when I give them to him. I guess he won't be anti-meat like his dad! Today we went to the store and I bought him a "Cars" plush chair to sit in while he watches his DVDs on the TV in his playroom. We'll see if he actually sits in it.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment