Ahhhhh, garage sales. Such a GREAT idea in theory, such a pain in the ass when you actually have to do it. We've moved our CRAP twice in the last year and when we moved to Pitt we both agreed that we need to get rid of some stuff and that we would have a garage sale once the weather got better. Low and behold, our neighborhood, along with the one next to us, have an annual garage sale every spring and it happened to be today. So awesome to not have to advertise it ourselves, especially because we live in the back of the neighborhood on a dead end street and wouldn't have gotten drive-by traffic without advertising.
So anyway, we started getting ready for it late as usual and really didn't put forth a concerted effort until last night. We went through the basement as much as we could after Josh went to bed (and after I made an emergency run to the store to get $1 bills). In a rush this morning I got stuff set up out on the driveway around 8am and all the fun began. We had a lot of miscellaneous stuff and no real "big ticket" items so I didnt expect to make a ton of money at this thing. We were selling alot of stuff for 25 cents just to get it out of our basement. On one of my breaks from trying to sell our stuff I hopped in the car and went shopping at other people's houses. I was so happy to find a Baby Bjorn travel potty for $3 and a Fisher Price adjustable basketball hoop for $10. When Scott went out to look at stuff he found a Lands End winter coat/snowpants combo in size 4T for like $3 - it will hopefully fit Josh this winter (right now he's between 2T and 3T on top, and 24mo-2T on the bottom). Traffic drastically slowed down around noon and I finally "closed up" around 2pm.
The weather today was soooooooooooo beautiful that I didn't mind sitting in the chair in the sun and reading my book. Boy am I paying for it now! I am a bit sunburned and have a fantastic "farmer's tan" from my bra straps and tank top. I'll definitely have to hit the tanning booth a couple times this week to get rid of it before I head up to Buffalo next weekend. Anyway, after Josh's nap he came back outside and we played in the yard with his toys, slide, and new basketball hoop. It was such a great day, and the weather was so perfect - 70 and sunny with a breeze. Hopefully we have many more days like this to come.
So as I mentioned above, I'm heading up to Buffalo next weekend. I haven't seen my friends there in what seems like FOREVER. I saw Patrick back in September when he came to Cleveland to help us with the move, but I really can't remember the last time I saw Anna or Reanna - I'm thinking it was February 2006! Hopefully Patrick doesn't come back from Mexico tomorrow with the swine flu because I'm hanging out and staying with him on Friday night. Hopefully I'll get to see Reanna during the day on Saturday before I head over to Anna's that afternoon. Actually, the whole reason for the trip was for me to come up and hang out with Anna and Jenny and take a new group photo. Anna posted a pic on Facebook of the 3 of us from the end of grad school and Jenny and I both feel like we look like crap and need a new pic. I'm excited to go back to my old stomping grounds and spend time with old friends. I need to make sure I don't drink too much though, the 3 hour drive back to Pitt on Sunday will be absolutely miserable if I'm hungover! Mmm, I need to get some Duff's too!
So anyway, we started getting ready for it late as usual and really didn't put forth a concerted effort until last night. We went through the basement as much as we could after Josh went to bed (and after I made an emergency run to the store to get $1 bills). In a rush this morning I got stuff set up out on the driveway around 8am and all the fun began. We had a lot of miscellaneous stuff and no real "big ticket" items so I didnt expect to make a ton of money at this thing. We were selling alot of stuff for 25 cents just to get it out of our basement. On one of my breaks from trying to sell our stuff I hopped in the car and went shopping at other people's houses. I was so happy to find a Baby Bjorn travel potty for $3 and a Fisher Price adjustable basketball hoop for $10. When Scott went out to look at stuff he found a Lands End winter coat/snowpants combo in size 4T for like $3 - it will hopefully fit Josh this winter (right now he's between 2T and 3T on top, and 24mo-2T on the bottom). Traffic drastically slowed down around noon and I finally "closed up" around 2pm.
The weather today was soooooooooooo beautiful that I didn't mind sitting in the chair in the sun and reading my book. Boy am I paying for it now! I am a bit sunburned and have a fantastic "farmer's tan" from my bra straps and tank top. I'll definitely have to hit the tanning booth a couple times this week to get rid of it before I head up to Buffalo next weekend. Anyway, after Josh's nap he came back outside and we played in the yard with his toys, slide, and new basketball hoop. It was such a great day, and the weather was so perfect - 70 and sunny with a breeze. Hopefully we have many more days like this to come.So as I mentioned above, I'm heading up to Buffalo next weekend. I haven't seen my friends there in what seems like FOREVER. I saw Patrick back in September when he came to Cleveland to help us with the move, but I really can't remember the last time I saw Anna or Reanna - I'm thinking it was February 2006! Hopefully Patrick doesn't come back from Mexico tomorrow with the swine flu because I'm hanging out and staying with him on Friday night. Hopefully I'll get to see Reanna during the day on Saturday before I head over to Anna's that afternoon. Actually, the whole reason for the trip was for me to come up and hang out with Anna and Jenny and take a new group photo. Anna posted a pic on Facebook of the 3 of us from the end of grad school and Jenny and I both feel like we look like crap and need a new pic. I'm excited to go back to my old stomping grounds and spend time with old friends. I need to make sure I don't drink too much though, the 3 hour drive back to Pitt on Sunday will be absolutely miserable if I'm hungover! Mmm, I need to get some Duff's too!
2 comments:
For some reason I think snowpants run on the small side-if they dont fit this year than definitley next!!
No swine flu for Patrick!!!
Post a Comment