Monday, May 11, 2009

Daddy's away - day #1

Scott flew down to Jacksonville this morning for a 2.5 day "Solution Focused Selling" class which left me home alone with my two boys - Josh "the mooshy one", and Kody "the hairy one".
I was shocked to receive an incident report from daycare today, not because Josh had an incident, but because of what it was. Usually Josh falls down and injures himself and we have to sign the slip. Today I had to sign the slip because Josh THREW A CHAIR AT ANOTHER CHILD'S FACE!!! What is that all about? He's not aggressive at home like that! Well, he's moving to another classroom tomorrow with some of the older 2-year olds and will have a different teacher so hopefully nothing like that will happen again.

When we got home tonight Josh caught sight of the box of Lucky Charms and insisted that he have cereal (he pronounced it "sir-ill") for dinner. Honestly, I was too tired to fight and to cook so I figured why not. I usually don't buy sugary cereals but just so happened to buy the Lucky Charms yesterday on a whim and now I'm pretty sure Josh is hooked on it since he ate it twice today (he also had it for breakfast this morning). In my defense, Josh also had half a container of blackberries and a Dora yogurt after the cereal so he got a decent amount of nutrition this evening. I, on the other hand, didn't do so well. I followed up my big bowl of Lucky Charms with a chocolate cupcake - yum!

Josh has had his bath and watched Dora and Diego and is now sleeping soundly. I'm off to put away the laundry that Scott washed yesterday (notice washed, not folded and put away but at least he tried). I think I'm going to watch "Twilight" again for the 6th time too... sometimes I like being home alone.

No comments: